Monday, July 26, 2010

George & Dragon

pub
We met some friends to lift a pint or two Saturday night at the George & Dragon pub in central Phoenix. It had been years since we had been there. I must say it was a little sad because after the poker tournament wound up there weren’t many people hanging around. I always remember it being a crowded and noisy place. Of course, maybe it had something to do with the fact that we were finished up by 9 PM. When we were younger we were just getting started then.

7 comments:

louisebah said...

ah memories huh :)
what would we do without them! :)

Brian Miller said...

nice. love a good pub...

Sharon said...

I pass here quite often and I always see people pouring out onto the patio. The last time I stopped in was in December and it was so busy it was hard to find a place to sit.

Kathy said...

I remember closing a Pub down out in LA, and finally getting booted out around 2 a.m., then going out to eat breakfast! I'm lucky to make 9:30 anymore. LOL! Given the right circumstances, though, I bet I could make it until at least 11:00!

cieldequimper said...

Seeing the Union Jack on the thumbnail I thought you were travelling!

Betty Manousos said...

Very artistic shot! Love it!
Hope you're having a lovely Monday!
B :)

P.S. I'd love if you'd follow me back! Look forward to seeing more pix of yours.

Birdman said...

It is interesting how restaurants and pub come and go in popularity, even early at 9 PM.