Thursday, February 25, 2010

Theme Thursday - Bottle

 

"Wine is sunlight, held together by water." -Galileo

The "mad" scientist made this and many other absurd observations such as "The sun does not revolve around the earth" leading quite a few people of his time to believe he had been imbibing in too much sunshine.

You may recognize the bottle of wine pictured here if you saw the movie Bottle Shock  featuring Bill Pullman, Alan Rickman and Dennis Farina.


You'll find many other interesting takes on "Bottles" at Theme Thursday.

11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

have not seen the movie...nice pic though. smiles.

Tess Kincaid said...

Love the Galileo quote. I need to see that movie!

Betsy Brock said...

very nice quote!

Kathy said...

That was a fantastic movie! I think I wouldn't mind seeing it again! The photo is great, too! Cheers!

tut-tut said...

I had not heard that particular utterance. Thanks!

JeffScape said...

Bottle Shock? I've not even heard of it. Will look it up.

Stephanie said...

"Bottle Shock" was such a fun movie! Gees Jeff - you haven't heard of it!

California Girl said...

My TT is about "Bottle Shock". Loved that movie but not as much as I love wine and California! Or maybe I should say California and wine...or California wine...

Anonymous said...

Awright. Now I am totally moving Bottle Shock to the top of my queue. The Thursday people have spoken.

Mine is here.

California Girl said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting. I signed on to TT last night after my husband recommended writing about alcoholism (ugh) and I finally thought of the movie (yay). I think I was #51 and I thought, "Nobody will ever get to me". So, when I began reading the posts this AM, I went backwards...50, 49, 48, etc. Found your entry later this morning. Too funny. We practically wrote the same words! I think we're the only two to reference it, tho'. I mean, if we'd written about a message in a bottle, well...

Jaime said...

i never saw that movie. but that's a great picture and i like the Galileo quote